Friday, November 30, 2012

November 20, 2012

We had an appointment this morning and were so excited to see how much baby Nola had changed from our previous appointment. Last time we weren't able to get a good picture of her face because her hand was in the way, so our doctor gave us a nice shot of her bottom. Dell wasn't amused. So, I had been talking to Nola and asking her to show her face at the next appointment. We just love seeing her. So, she did. I can't get the pdf to upload here, but trust me when I say she's adorable.  She's weighing about 4lbs 4oz, which is apparently right on average for her age. It was a great appointment and we're going back again in two weeks. I can't believe how close it is.

However, on the way in to see the doctor, I saw something that I have not forgotten about. As we pulled into the parking lot, we saw a woman crying hysterically and the husband comforting her. I don't know her story, but I know her pain. It quickly reminded me that not everyone is coming to that building and leaving with good news. I was her several months ago when I received the news of the cyst and thought I may never be able to have biological children on my own. I was her in Arkansas when we lost the last baby at 8 weeks. I haven't forgotten what it feels like to receive disappointing news, instead of the happy news of a growing, healthy baby. I wanted to hug her, to let her know that she's not alone in feeling sad and that it's normal to be upset. I started to cry just thinking about her heartbreak and knowing that, even if I did hug her, there's nothing I could've said to make her feel better. So, I just silently prayed that God would give her comfort and peace to help with whatever she's suffering through. And that I would never lose my sense of gratitude for my situation. I am so thankful to be where I'm at today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment