Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 16, 2011

Dear baby,


You are now seven weeks old and growing rapidly. Everything had been so great! I've had a little nausea and most food doesn't sound good, but all in all, pretty easy. But, on Valentine's Day we had quite the scare. I was at work and started feeling bad after lunch. My stomach was cramping and I went to the bathroom and saw blood. I knew to call the doctor and then I waited for them to call me back. By the time they called back, they were closing and sent me to the emergency room. We checked in around 4:30 and did not get home until after 9 p.m. They took a lot of blood, checked my urine and did an internal ultrasound. That was very uncomfortable, but the tech quickly showed me you on the screen. Right now you look like a tiny torpedo - very adorable. Then, all of a sudden she turned up the sound and we heard your heartbeat! Dell and I looked at each other in shock and so excited. I started crying. I didn't know if everything was okay yet, so I was very anxious to hear from the doctor. He finally said it was a "threatened miscarriage" and that I had subchorionic bleeding and needed to rest. He said that everything could be okay or could be bad. We went home and some concerned friends came to visit and check on me. The next day my OBGYN doctor called to explain what happened. She said the baby looks good, has a strong heartbeat and my hormone levels were good. I did tell the doctor about some blood clots I passed that same night and she said it might be over now. I have another appointment next Wednesday for an ultrasound and I'm just going to stay positive. I want you to be okay and I will do whatever it takes to help you grow into a healthy, happy baby. Your dad and I are only concerned with you and we love you so much! For now, keep up the good work of growing and I'll do the rest!
Love,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment