Wednesday, July 18, 2012

June 12, 2012


Today is our two year wedding anniversary. On one hand, it doesn’t seem like it’s been that long since we got married. On the other hand, I can’t imagine a time when Dell wasn’t a part of my life. In the past two years, we’ve had some wonderful moments and been able to experience so much together. We are really fortunate and especially so for this new adventure. 

We went to the doctor today and I got to hear the heartbeat again. It was faster this time (178), so of course everyone has their predictions on the sex of the baby, but we won’t know that for weeks. As long as the baby is healthy, we’ll be happy either way. 

I love getting ultrasound pictures every time I visit the doctor. I love seeing how the baby changes from week to week and this week was no different. The picture I got from the doctor had a little baby with frog legs and a little head. It’s crazy to think that something only about 1 inch long has a fully-functioning heart and organs. It’s unreal. 

I go back to the doctor next week for another check-in. We’re getting closer and closer to the 12 week mark and I can’t wait. Though, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t still have anxiety or worry about the baby. When I feel a certain way for a few days and then that feeling disappears, I worry something has happened. I try to tell myself it’s crazy and I just need to relax, but it’s easier said than done sometimes. Today, I feel good. I feel relieved everything looks good and this is the farthest I’ve made it in a pregnancy yet, so yay!

Around week 7-8, I started getting really hungry. Like, if I don’t eat right this second, I might die. Or puke. It was strange, but I am learning how to manage that. I often carry granola bars in my purse for these little hunger emergencies. 

I think it was also around week 8 that I started feeling really tired. I remember sleeping for 9 hours one night and waking up the next day feeling as if I hadn’t slept in days. It’s hard to keep my eyes open at times and I can’t stop yawning. It’s crazy how I can’t control it at all. No matter how much rest I get, I’m still exhausted and struggling to make it through the day. Must be hard work creating another human.

No comments:

Post a Comment