Wednesday, August 1, 2012

June 19, 2012


What an amazing appointment! Dell and I were waiting to see the doctor and he was caught up at the hospital. So, one of the nurses helped with our appointment. What a difference a week makes! The baby was moving constantly – looked like a dance party in my belly. It was the coolest thing! We couldn’t believe that was happening and how much the baby had changed from last week. Last week we had frog legs and this week you could clearly see the head, brain cavity, body, arms, legs and umbilical cord. We’d never made it this far in pregnancies before, so it’s so exciting and fun watching the baby change and develop at every appointment. 

Our next appointment is on July 5th, when I’ll be exactly 12 weeks. I’m excited to start telling people and being able to talk about it in the open. Not to mention, being able to wear normal clothes and quit trying to hide this pooch developing. 

I’m still hungry all the time and very sleepy. In addition to being tired all the time, I’m not able to sleep well at night. I wake up to go to the bathroom and then my head spins full of to-dos for about an hour. Another thing I am experiencing is back pain. Road trips are terrible for me and I turn into an uncomfortable crank-pot after about 45 minutes. It’s crazy how something so tiny can make my back hurt so bad. Even so, things have moved along really well so far. The baby is developing right on schedule and I’m doing really well. I can’t wait to start feeling the baby move, to find out if it’s a boy or girl and to get to the second trimester. 

I still can’t believe this is real. We’re having a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment